Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
 
 
 

 

 Local 1522 on Social Media:
    

June 27, 2017
<< June 2017 >>
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30

  
          
         NLFD Video

 

        
           NFPA 1710 Video
  

           
             Fire based EMS
    
        "The right response"

      

      NLFD Pipes & Drums  
  

    
      
              NLFF's at work
  
               

IAFF Local Newswire
 
Join the Newswire!
Updated: Jun. 27 (05:59)

July Union Meetings Canceled
IAFF Local 42
4th of July Fireworks Safety Tips
IAFF Local 42
OAPFF CEDAR POINT DAYS
IAFF Local 312
MPFFU Executive Board Meeting Minutes - June 13, 2017
Michigan Professional Fire Fighters Union
New Paycheck Calculator Added
Tahoe Douglas Professional Fire Fighters Local 2441
GOLF REGISTRATION DUE BY FRIDAY!
IAFF Local 21
 
     
GROUP 1 WORKING FIRE AT 995 BANK STREET
Posted On: Dec 02, 2007

Fire Empties Multifamily Home In City
By M. Matthew Clark    Published on 12/2/2007

New London — A fire broke out in a multifamily home on Bank Street Saturday at about 5:30 p.m.

Firefighters responded to a 911 call reporting a fire at 995 Bank St. near the Waterford town line. No one was injured in the blaze. All occupants of the two-story home escaped safely.

The fire was extinguished at approximately 7:30 p.m., said New London Fire Chief Ronald Samul. Samul said firefighters would monitor the building for hot spots, but that the house could not be occupied.

A resident of the second floor of the house, who declined to be identified, said he had just finished cooking dinner for his family when his daughter told him there was smoke in the kitchen.

He said he went into the kitchen and saw flames shooting from the back of the stove.

The man said he tried to use his household fire extinguisher to no avail.

From the street, flames could be seen through the windows in the front of second floor of the house and smoke was billowing from several holes in the roof.

A next-door neighbor, 18-year-old Sarah Spinnato, called 911. Her mother and father, she said, both went into the burning home to make sure everybody was out.

Paul Arroyo, 15, was on the first floor of the house when the fire broke out. He said he was using a computer in the back of the house listening to music when Spinnato's mother came and got him.

Traffic on Route 1 had to be rerouted around the area near the fire.

The American Red Cross was on scene.


New London


Member Login
Username:

Password:


Not registered yet?
Click Here to sign-up

Forgot Your Login?

 2017 NLFD RUNS:

3354

 

    
            NLFF'S Pipes and Drums
      New website is under construction.

        
           Click on the NLFD patch for
           
                NLFD Live Audio

 


¡Los detectores de humo 
salvan vidas!  Debe probar 
su detector de humo cada 
mes.  Asegúrese de cambiar
 las baterías cada seis meses.
  Favor de llamar 860-447-5294 
si tiene preguntas.

 

Outside Roof
 Fire Art, by Paul Walsh


The way to be safe is to never be secure.
♦Ben Franklin♦

 

    

         
        

 

       

 

 

 

            

 

 


 

    
                 L-1522 Members

   
                  NLFD Firehouses

  
                Former Firehouses

 
 
New London Fire Fighters
Copyright © 2017, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™
Visit Unions-America.com!

Top of Page image